Every year in January we like to look back and reflect on the progress we, as a firm, have made for our clients and the impact we have had on our communities.
From a technology standpoint, 2018 was an exciting year for HM Payson. Early in the year, we fully transitioned to our market-leading reporting, trading, and relationship management technology suite, leaving our old systems in our wake. While the process of transitioning had its challenges, we are thrilled with the result. Our greatly enhanced technology is allowing us to spend more time with our clients and less time in the background, increasing our efficiency, and the breadth and quality of our service.
Many of you will have noticed the enhancements, first with the addition of our client portal, which includes a secure document vault, and more recently with the deployment of our HM Payson Mobile App. In the coming weeks and months, keep a lookout for updates to our website. And if you are on Instagram, follow us!
In addition to technology improvements, we also enhanced our most valuable resource, our team of dedicated employees:
- Eric George and Tracy McMahon joined the firm in April from Wells Fargo Advisors. Eric joined us as a Portfolio Manager and Tracy joined us as a Relationship Manager.
- Linda Pinkham joined the firm in June as a Relationship Administrator.
- Keara Wagner joined the firm in August as a Relationship Administrator.
- Joanna Brinker joined the firm in September as a Relationship Administrator.
Enhancements to our team also included promotions reflecting the exemplary contributions these employees have made to our clients and the firm:
- Pamela Stephenson was promoted to Chair of the Fiduciary Services Committee.
- Michelle Santiago was promoted to Chief Trust Administrative Officer.
- Molly Reinfried was promoted to Chair of the Financial Planning Group.
2018 also saw us add a newly minted CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner to our roster as Richard Price sat for and passed the CFP® exam, meeting standards of excellence for competent and ethical financial planning. With four CFP® professionals on staff, and more on the way, we underscore our commitment to financial planning as a core service offering for our clients.
We continue to be committed to our role as an engaged and impactful corporate citizen of Portland and the State of Maine by expanding our support of many wonderful nonprofit organizations last year. Philanthropy and a strong support of our community remain deeply ingrained in both HM Payson’s heritage and culture. By way of example, we were honored to once again be the lead sponsor of Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences Café Sci lecture series. This year, we will continue our support of the Café Sci series as well as embark on similar projects with several other deserving organizations, including Maine Huts & Trails, Camp Sunshine, and Thomas College.
Please stay tuned for additional firm updates throughout the year.